Friday, May 8, 2009

Karson's First Plane Ride

A few weeks ago Karson took her first plane ride to Puerto Rico. I had a conference there for work and Karson and mom went with me. I was a little nervous about the plane because I had no idea how Karson would react. She did great!!! Honestly - she could not have been any better. She was not scared in the least which actually surprised me because she is often skiddish with new things. Especially new, big things. She acted a little nervous when we first arrived at the airport but by the time we went through security, she was fine. She loved looking out of the window. Before we took off she kept saying, "I want to go real hard." Of course she meant real fast. She could not quite understand why she had to stay in her seat when the seatbelt light was on but I had plenty of things to entertain her. I had a backpack loaded with snacks, toys, books, DVDs, crayons, etc and they all came in handy. We had a lay-over in Atlanta and then the flight from Atlanta to Puerto Rico was almost 4 hours which is long for me, not to mention a 2 year old. Believe it or not, she did not sleep any on the way there and only 45 minutes on the way home. She is just not a sleeper:) When we were landing, we were pretty low to the ground and she said, "those houses better watch out or we gonna hit them." Now when we see a plane she says, "I rode on that with Mama and MeMe."




Karson and MeMe








Notice the bear and baby buckled in with her!



Snack Time!

No comments: